Mr. Svelto holds a degree in Economics and Business Administration with a major in Corporate Finance. He has served in industry for more than 30 years in roles including Treasurer, Chief Financial Officer, Business Finance Manager, Vice President of Finance, Vice President – Enterprise Risk Management with several multinational corporations. He has an international experience having worked in Europe and in the US in leveraged and investment grade companies, with domestic and global operations ranging from small/medium private companies to very large public companies. His management experience has been gained in sectors including chemicals, food and beverages, and electronics. He also has deep experience in financial restructuring and Chapter 11.
Mr. Svelto’s professional accomplishments include:
- Development and implementation of enterprise risk frameworks
- Development of capital structure and financial policies
- Execution of debt structuring and restructuring in leveraged and IG companies
- Development of best practice treasury operations on global basis
- Management of financial risks (liquidity, currency, interest as well as trading/commodity and balance sheet issues)
- Supporting of businesses with financial analysis
- Management of customer credit
- Preparation of financial reporting under US GAAP and IFRS
- Implementation of IT systems
- Participation in restructuring effort, focusing, in particular, on G&A
- Development and implementation global General Accounting Processing Standards and Controls
Ms. Joy Young – Principal
Ms. Young is an environmental toxicologist with direct experience in environmental remediation and risk assessment. While engaged with an international environmental engineering firm, she focused on contaminated site investigation and remediation, Superfund litigation support, environmental impact assessment, transactional due diligence, and siting and operational permitting.
She transitioned to Big 4 accounting firms where she served for eight years as a Lead Environmental Specialist (“Employed” Specialist) supporting external financial audits of more than 200 Fortune 500 companies under both USGAAP and IFRS. Ms. Young also serves on the Task Group to develop the first ASTM standard outlining leading practices for the recognition and de-recognition of Environmental Liabilities (ELs) and Asset Retirement Obligations (AROs). Ms. Young’s combined knowledge and experiences allow her to easily “translate” technical and accounting issues between the environmental and accounting functions.
Ms. Young is an accomplished environmental risk practitioner who works across a broad range of sectors to help clients identify and mitigate financial risk from environmental, health and safety issues. She has been responsible for quality risk management, subject matter expertise, project delivery and navigating C-suite liability valuation disputes for various industry sectors including aerospace and defense, oil and gas, petrochemical, mining, electric and gas utilities, pharmaceuticals, and consumer and industrial products.
Certifications & Memberships
- Certified Environmental & Safety Compliance Officer (CESCO)
- Member, Texas Association of Environmental Professionals (TAEP)
- Associate member, Society of Environmental Toxicologists & Chemists (SETAC)
- Associate member, Environmental Law Institute (ELI)